Special Admission for Foreign Students and Korean Program
Getting Closer to Korean Language and Culture_Korean Language Course
We offer Korean Language Courses to teach Korean language to foreigners who wish to enter Dong-A University or learn Korean language and culture. Through these multi-level Korean Language Courses, foreigners can develop their language skills, gain a deeper understanding of Korean culture and add depth to their studies.
* Korean language courses run on a 1-year 4-semester system, and each semester is 10 weeks long.
* The class is 4 hours a day, 5 times a week from Monday to Friday.
* Students are placed in different courses according to the level test performed on the opening day.
|Beginner||· Learn various grammatical elements such as consonants and vowels, auxiliary particles, and passive verbs as well as daily expressions.|
|· Learn about expressions used in conversations about personal and unofficial topics and situations such as those related with the family and daily work.|
|· Learn about Korean culture including legend, myth and festivals.|
|Intermediate||· Practice natural daily conversation, and understand how Korean people think through idiomatic expressions and proverbs.|
|· Learn about the current status of Korea(economy, society, politics, entertainment, etc.) and a variety of business expressions and knowledge, practice conversations suitable for a variety of situations.|
|Advanced||· Build up discussion and argument skills, practice unique expressions to enhance command of vocabulary.|
|· Understand news broadcasts and newspapers, conduct research on various topics and prepare reports in preparation for studying in the university and graduate school.|
|First Semester||Beginning of March ~ Middle of May||Middle of January|
|Summer Semester||Beginning of June ~ Middle of August||Middle of April|
|Second Semester||Beginning of September ~ Middle of November||Middle of July|
|Winter Semester||Beginning of December ~ Middle of February||Middle of October|
Special Activities provide students with the chance to experience Korean culture and practice what they learned in the classroom in real life situations to increase the efficiency of learning Korean language.
Speaking Contest, Writing Contest, Drama Festival, Athletic Meet, etc
* Experience of a variety of Korean traditional culture including visits to cities around Korea, traditional dance, taekwondo, samulnori (percussive quartet), Korean cooking, etc.
* Individual students also have Korean student helpers to support their Korean language study, living in Korea, various visits and tours.
* Inquiry for Korean Language Course
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org / +82-51-200-6342~3